We are delighted that our magical Retreat Centre at Avondale is now open. We are just an hour’s drive from Dublin.
The Retreat centre is a beautiful space, renovated lovingly to accommodate up to 20 people. The energy created here invites You to come and revel in your own true nature, in inspiring, ancient surrounds on the unique Laragh Road.
The retreat has a purposely and carefully crafted yoga studio with original bamboo flooring, suitable for 10-12 mats,
an infrared sauna
The accommodation provides for the lodging of 20 guests.
The old and newer houses themselves are set in over an acre of landscaped mature gardens with old eucalyptus trees, luscious greens, a stream running through, adjacent to a holy well,
The national trail walk on the doorstep, the Jubilee loop, takes in Famine Graveyards, a mass path, Millennium Forest along the banks of the Avonmore River. The animals range from deer, to magnificent wild birds and horses.
The house is set among forests and hills. Ballgannon woods is right beside the garden. Charles Stewart Parnell’s house is a short walk away in Avondale park and Glendalough is 15 minute drive away, to the right and rathdrum village five minutes to the left, the best of both. This is a place to escape and surround yourself in nature and in peace. An abundance of stars and views of the tranquility of Wicklow.
For more information on booking to stay with us at the retreat centre please contact 085-1213434. Look forward to an energetic, light filled space, abundant with yoga, creativity and nourishment for body, mind and soul.
If you would like to come stay and expand your experience in a naturally creative setting, special rates are also available.
You will enjoy extra comfortable beds, large open space, hidden dens for relaxation an infrared sauna and Beautiful yoga studio with organic yoga equipment ensure you will have all you need to recharge and renew.
You can also book via our AirBnB page http://abnb.me/EVmg/mqkVc7EKgB
For groups, organised retreats or events please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Helen, David and Abigail.
Review August 2017:
Some Testimonials from previous guests:
‘What a wonderful place to stay! Helen and David were excellent hosts and rooms they offered are really luxurious. I recommend it…’ Wojciech
- “There are not enough kind words to explain how wonderful and amazing it was staying with Helen and David. They are two of the kindest people my friend and I had the pleasure of meeting. Not only are they very welcoming, they are extraordinarily kind, easy to talk to, helpful, and just warm loving people! There home is incredibly clean and just full of comfort. It is indeed, a retreat! It goes without saying that the fire in the shared living area is absolutely magnificent as well. In regards to location, you can’t beat were they are located in Rathdrum! Close to Glendalough and all the attractions in the area. They are also walking distance from some good restaurants and pubs, and honestly not to far from Dublin either! I feel incredibly blessed having staying here and meeting Helen and David! I recommend this place to everyone!!”
- “We had an Incredible stay at Helen & David’s lovely retreat – The house and it’s surroundings are gorgeous! They are such welcoming hosts that look after all of your needs. It’s a very comfortable home with loads of space to relax. Loved sitting by the roaring fireside after a long walk in the countryside – Would definitely recommend staying!” Hilary
- “Super experience in a very nice and comfortable country house. It was a real pleasure to meet this happy family. We recommend it !” Huliette
- “Beautiful home in a wonderful location, very close to hikes and serene countryside. Helen and David were very kind and responsive.” Paven
- “We stayed one night with Helen, which felt like a slice of peacefulness, quiet and nature all rolled into one stay. The house is south of Dublin, and about a 15 minute drive from Glendalough monastery (a main tourist highlight). There is also a yoga studio in the house, and the peaceful mindfulness exudes the rest of the house as well. My husband was very tempted to book another night, but desire for onward adventure prevailed. The house was GIANT with multiple rooms, and a large, spacious bedroom. The bed was very comfortable, and I had not slept that well in a long time. ” Helena
- “Helen and Dave do indeed offer a beautiful, light-filled retreat. After a friend recommended their place to me, I booked a room for a weekend of Irish country life, peaceful relaxation and solo exploration of the surrounding Wicklow Mountains and I was in no way disappointed. Helen and Dave were excellent hosts and were warm, welcoming and friendly from the moment I arrived until the moment I left. I highly recommend their beautiful country Airbnb to anyone, whether traveling alone, with friends or as a family. All around a wonderful experience. I hope to be back again someday!” Sheila
- `Helen & Dave are perfect hosts. When we arrived on Monday morning, the Helen’s father came to open the house and welcome us with lot of kindness and simplicity. Then we met Helen, Dave and Abigael after a beautiful day in Glendalough. They are very nice, so warm with their guests. And the house is absolutely lovely. Everything was perfect. Thank you so much. We will keep a wonderful memory about our stay in your house. Greg & Celine.`
- `Helen and David are very relaxed… It is described as a light-filled retreat, and it is that and more. It is a sancuary which this young couple have tastfully renovated and restored with their light and love and poetry ( and a keen eye for detail). It has a peaceful meditation/yoga room with great morning light and a big old-world living-room where you can in the evening,after a long and tiring ramble in the hills, snuggle up to a roaring log-fire with a good book from the selected titles resting in each room. The house is situated in the beautifully verdant Vale Of Clara, a perfect location for exploring the Wicklow Mountains area, which of course we. Glendalough, Avondale, Avoca and Roundwood are practically at the door-step. I can, and do, whole-heartedly recommend that you go and stay with Helen and David . You certainly won’t regret it!`
- `We have never felt so immediately at home and completely relaxed as we did at Helen and David’s home…. The atmosphere in the house is one of nurture and care which we wallowed in completely. Helen David and Abigail are a beautiful family; open hearted, open minded and genuinely caring of each and every guest. A huge big thank you for the holding from the Hegarty/Boland/Pommerenck family xxx `
- `You know you’ve had a good stay when you feel like you’re leaving good friends, as you leave. Helen and David and their darling Abigail made us feel completely at home and part of their family. If you don’t find an available stay-date… Now you know why!`
- `We had a great time with Helen and Dave. There are lovely, warm people, who make you feel like at home. They looked after us well, providing healthy organic food and lovely herbal teas. The facilities in Avondale Retreat are very good, there is a room for yoga and meditation, specious dinning room, a cosy relaxing room with a fireplace and a lovely garden. The atmosphere was lovely, I felt welcomed and positive being there.`
On Google Maps search: Avondale Retreat